Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model."Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the second year of owning this GEM, here comes the rain dripping out of the 2 recessed light housings upstairs in the loft.
Called their Millersburg office to find out what the deal is and what if anything would they do to remedy. You're out of warranty but here's $100 and a recommendation as to what to do to fix. They said, "Our ridge vents tend to flatten out in the hot sun and this will cause the water to leak under the shingle and follow the nail into the ceiling, or someone possibly stepped on the ridge vent flattening it. The Loft style roofs are only a 2/12 pitch coupled with our height restrictions it is difficult to install a higher ridge cap, you might want to check the sealant and any possible damaged shingles."
Now I don't just hangout on my rooftop where I would possibly step on the ridge vent and this place is only 2 years old.
Aren't roofs usually good for almost 20 years? So I am supposed to inspect my house style composite roof twice a year? This is what Palm Harbor suggests. Now, I've owned several campers and several houses, and I know you have to reseal camper roofs approx every 3 years, but a house roof, inspect twice a year?
For what, I inspect roofs every time I clean the gutters, normal I would think.
I have a picture for their next Brochure.Stay away from Palm Harbor, even new they are still fixer uppers.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Product fit our needs and budget
What I disliked
- Responsibility for discrepancies
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Palm Harbor Homes Park Model House
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "These photos show the shoddy roof construction at my former Pulte-built house at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. When the roofers doing the repair arrived, one said "another valley" as he..."
- "I placed nearly 5K down in form of check that was cashed 2 days later on vinyl siding job promised to be done by Christmas. Cash down was expected in..."
- "Surprise by hubby purchased me my 1st real life like doll was a huge disappointment & cost way to much-Abby Rose, described as real like, blue eyed baby-has purple eyes,..."
- "i recently booked flight to Saskatoon to chennai with the amount of $1647, but due to my PGWP rejected the next day i had to cancel my trip. i had..."
- "I purchased two of the toilet bowl lights and installed it but the light does not turn off. It is on constantly therefore it will wear out the batteries much..."
- "Walgreens (1/22/16) My issue with Walgreens isn't complicated. On 1/16/16, I got a prescription of Tamsulosin filled at the Enumclaw, WA, Walgreens. I picked up the Tamsulosin at..."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."