Palm Harbor Homes - Rain Rain C'mon in to my Palm Harbor Home

Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model."Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the second year of owning this GEM, here comes the rain dripping out of the 2 recessed light housings upstairs in the loft.

Called their Millersburg office to find out what the deal is and what if anything would they do to remedy. You're out of warranty but here's $100 and a recommendation as to what to do to fix. They said, "Our ridge vents tend to flatten out in the hot sun and this will cause the water to leak under the shingle and follow the nail into the ceiling, or someone possibly stepped on the ridge vent flattening it. The Loft style roofs are only a 2/12 pitch coupled with our height restrictions it is difficult to install a higher ridge cap, you might want to check the sealant and any possible damaged shingles."

Now I don't just hangout on my rooftop where I would possibly step on the ridge vent and this place is only 2 years old.

Aren't roofs usually good for almost 20 years? So I am supposed to inspect my house style composite roof twice a year? This is what Palm Harbor suggests. Now, I've owned several campers and several houses, and I know you have to reseal camper roofs approx every 3 years, but a house roof, inspect twice a year?

For what, I inspect roofs every time I clean the gutters, normal I would think.

I have a picture for their next Brochure.Stay away from Palm Harbor, even new they are still fixer uppers.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
    • Product fit our needs and budget
  • What I disliked

Palm Harbor Homes Park Model House
Review category
Home Construction and Repair
review #751878

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Palm Harbor Homes? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Mar 11 #1125733

Please don't deal with palm harbor u will regret it!!!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Palm Harbor Homes. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Palm Harbor Homes.
Filing a new complaint about