Raining outside and raining inside my 2014 Palm Harbor Park Model."Oh, you're out of warranty, but here's a $100 so you will go away." At the end of the second year of owning this GEM, here comes the rain dripping out of the 2 recessed light housings upstairs in the loft.
Called their Millersburg office to find out what the deal is and what if anything would they do to remedy. You're out of warranty but here's $100 and a recommendation as to what to do to fix. They said, "Our ridge vents tend to flatten out in the hot sun and this will cause the water to leak under the shingle and follow the nail into the ceiling, or someone possibly stepped on the ridge vent flattening it. The Loft style roofs are only a 2/12 pitch coupled with our height restrictions it is difficult to install a higher ridge cap, you might want to check the sealant and any possible damaged shingles."
Now I don't just hangout on my rooftop where I would possibly step on the ridge vent and this place is only 2 years old.
Aren't roofs usually good for almost 20 years? So I am supposed to inspect my house style composite roof twice a year? This is what Palm Harbor suggests. Now, I've owned several campers and several houses, and I know you have to reseal camper roofs approx every 3 years, but a house roof, inspect twice a year?
For what, I inspect roofs every time I clean the gutters, normal I would think.
I have a picture for their next Brochure.Stay away from Palm Harbor, even new they are still fixer uppers.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Product fit our needs and budget
What I disliked
- Responsibility for discrepancies
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Price reduction
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Palm Harbor Homes Park Model House
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "BEWARE - what you see in the model home is the quality that you will get. Model homes are built in 2 months tops, rushed and hurried with..."
- "I am writing this letter on behalf of my parents, who are the ones that got scammed by this individual. On 7/29/16, my parents signed a contract with Jose D...."
- "I purchased a 2015 Arctic Fox camper new, I complained to the factory early after my purchase about the shower floor not being level with the floor, I was told..."
- "Hi everyone, On Black Friday at Sports Authority I purchased a $50 World Tech Toys Striker Quad copter and so far it works beautifully with zero flight problems. All four rotor..."
- "HOME STYLE FURNITURE July 2014 I purchased a 1500.00 game table with four chairs for our summer home. The first time my husband sat in one of the chairs the..."
- "In less then a month I went from size 20 to size 16! I have more energy, less back and hip pain, and I find myself smiling more often. The..."
- "I will never shop at art van ever again. My husband and I purchased a couch which we were told was leather. The sales man also sold us the leather..."
- "I had been purchasing a Redmi Note 3 from ezbuy Malaysia (65daigou); placing the order on 3rd Aug 2016 and receive the phone on 13rd Aug 2016. Upon the reception..."