We purchased our home in 2006. Since then we have had to pay electricians to fix fire hazards with the electrical, Fix the roof 3 times, The siding was not installed correctly and now needs to be replaced along with the walls.
The walls are built to substandard codes and need to be replaced. The water lines are made from a non potable form of PETN which are going to have to be replaced to stop poisoning my family. The walls are built using 1x2 studs the law requires 2x4. The sheet rock is 1/4 inch instead of 1/2 required by law. The roof sheeting was glued not nailed and was 1/4 OCB instead of 1/2 inch plywood required by law!
The supposed wall and ceiling insulation is non existent!
The Company when asked if they were going to abide by there warranty and Customer Complete Satisfaction Gaurantee said get an Attorney!
To fix and bring this home up to code it is going to cost us $22,000 we paid 129,000 for it! Anyone know a good Attorney?
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "AHP is wonderful at first. The office managed even took me out for beers and to discuss the house. All of that congeniality changed when we actually begin..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "One of our room has a pungent odor and so we had a mold inspection done. Lo and behold, there are cracks around where the slab meets the wall. Contacted..."
- "Before I get into my review of my experience with Preview Models, I would first like to be one of the first to step out from behind the veil of..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."
- "Have you been to McDonald's and order a burger and get a burger with the cheese not on the patty but on the paper wrap or a burger with the..."
- "I purchased tickets on American Airlines for five adults to travel from Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas, MX on May 16 2015. I made reservations at my time share..."
- "I keep getting Staples Ads on my Yahoo pages. They generally contain items I looked at on Staples. Last week I saw an ad for USB drives, 64 GB for $0..."