Palm Harbor Homes - Palm harbor lemon

Finally got through mold remediation.These are the pictures of my home.

This is the type of quality you get when you purchase a palm harbor. These ripoff artists told me the interior would be fine, and just sprayed the affected area with bleach water,and painted over the area. We told them we would like someone to come out and inspect behind the walls for mold and as you see, that never happened.

After three attempts to fix the leak, they basicly gave up and told us to contact our insurance company to fix the problem.That's the type of after service you receive once they take your money and run!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 5 Yes 5 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Oct 23, 2014 #889022 Texas, United States

So glad I did my research on palm harbor homes it was to good to be true...I will build my own home instead ty you to everyone who took the time to warn others. . I'm so very sorry the family's had to go through all this hardship

Dec 16, 2010 #225352

Well here's one for you. After doing anything and everything possible to lower my $400+ electric bill (during the summer in Texas), including putting in solar screens and asking 2 contractors to look under my house, my husband just found out we have INCOMPLETE DUCTS. They didn't put any metal casing duct work in. So all the air from the air conditioner has been cooling the underside of the home. And, because the home is older (13 years) I was asked, "You've had this for 10 years and you're just now contacting us?" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? What person is going to tear open their belly paper to see if the have duct work. Yeah Lady. It was visible from the getgo and we just let it go. Now we have no recourse because the home is obviously not under warranty and PH has filed Chapter 11. Gee, imagine my surprise!

Oct 15, 2010 #200965

I love my floor plan....I just want the *** thing to be RIGHT. Why is that so hard to get?

Need help

May 01, 2010 #139055

You obviously have never filed a complaint with the bbb. Beside blogging seems too be working out for me, I've obviously hit a nerve!!! :grin

Apr 29, 2010 #138574

If all so bad, how come BBB gives them the top A+ rating? Have you filed a complaint with BBB? If not, you might find that more helpful then bloging.

Mar 29, 2010 #128393

HA :p

Mar 29, 2010 #128352

Have you ever wondered why the background on the Palm Harbor sign is yellow? Because they sell lemons. :grin

Mar 27, 2010 #127781

I too own a PH home and we have had nothing but problems, roof leaking, wall cracking at marriage lines, pantry shelves falling down because the are installed using hot glue instead of nails (this is in all cabinets) you get water the wood finishes and even though you wipe the water off the finish comes off. when we bought the PH Home we were handed the GK and here is your home we asked to do a walk though they said it was already done by them, WE did not have the chance to do a walk through with PH Rep, they gave us the keys and LEFT say if we find anything wrong make a list within 5 days and send it to the service center. they fixed some of the items but we were left to fix the rest ourselves, and the repair we did ourselves was done better than what they did - some quality. If I had to do it over again I would never NEVER choses a palm harbor to live in or live near a PH :upset

Mar 27, 2010 #127768

:grin Well, brad for a former Palm Harbor employee, you sure do sound pretty brain washed. I assure you my porblems with my home have nothing to do with me, and every thing to do with palm harbors incompitants, and shity quality. If Palm harbor builds such a quality product, then why did my roof leak from day one. Why does only one marriage line in the living room continuously keep cracking. Why do they glue shelves and tile on with hot glue. Your accountable systimatic approach to solving problems, is to blame the customer. Take responsability for the piece of *** you people build, stop passing the buck to the customer. If you people are not careful, I will pay for a billboard to be put up in town with pictures of this moldy lemon lime peice of *** you sold me, warrning people not to buy Palm Harbor.

Mar 25, 2010 #127329

Incidently Brad, did you really ascertain if a customer complaint was real or did you just go with that notion ? You got to be kidding about the GM rite? they have more GM turnover than Burger King has fry cooks.

Mar 25, 2010 #127287

Mar 25, 2010 #127275

Gold Key What?

Mar 25, 2010 #127183

Read Brad's post carefully folks, if you deal with this company this is exactly the kind of attitude and customer service you can expect.

Mar 25, 2010 #127120

I am a former Palm Harbor Employee. I can assure you that if you are having problems with your home, you understand your roles and responsibilities as a home owner that you agree to when you purchase your home, and that you did not attempt to cut corners on foundation, site prep, or installation of your home in order to save a buck, Palm Harbor ALWAYS does the right thing. I find that people who complain about paperwork, are always in a hurry, have never owned a home, and pay no attention to what they sign up for generally have more dissapointment than those who take time to understand their role and responsibility, what Palm Harbors role will be on site prep and installation, and who to call and when to facilitate service. I have never seen a group as large as the Palm Harbor organization put so much emphasis on satisfying customers and building a quailty product. They have a very accountable systematic approach to solving issues, serious and not so serious. If you have spoken to the GM where you purchased your home to no avail and have not reached 1 of 11 or 12 of their very unbelievably expert problem solving Regional Vice presidents. You are in an extremely small minority groups of disatisfied customers. You are in a group that is dismissed because you are irrational or irresponsible and they are intelligent enough to know you simply are the rare individual looking for a handout in a lawsuit or can not be reasoned with. Consider yourself unlucky only because of how you... Show more

Feb 23, 2010 #117735

To you Palm Harbor employees making *** comments to deflect the shame of the company you work for, and to some degree your own conscience. You are not fooling anyone. This company has and continues to ruin peoples lives and they are nothing short of criminals.

Feb 16, 2010 #115014

The real story is you work for Palm Harbor, so stop hiding behind tom. You people will get your just reward soon.

Feb 16, 2010 #114973 Van, Wales

I find it hard to believe a company with an A+ rating with the BBB would let this happen. What is the real story???

Need help

Feb 06, 2010 #112355

We purchased our home new from a dealer in Ft. Worth Tx, off Hwy. 820. This dealer has since closed down. Yes, we have had it taken care of, only because we fixed it our self. It cost us $3000.00 to fix it. Palm Harbor has never excepted responsability.

Need Help

Feb 06, 2010 #112349

We bought our home from a dealer in Ft. Worth on 820, who has since shut down. Our home was new, and yes it has been fixed, only because, we fixed it our self. It cost us over $3000.00 to fix it.

Feb 06, 2010 #112321 Van, Wales

What Palm Harbor did you buy your home from? Was it a new home or a used one? Have you been able to get it taken care of?

1-20 of 23 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.